For mountains and climbing addicts, here’s for you a famous and picturesque activity to do together, even though you have a half day left in your itinerary!
At just 20 minutes away by car from Riva centre, beneath the historic Drena Castel, the Ferrata stands along the Castel’s ruins with its marvellous rock and water combination.
This ferrata was built in a canyon made by the river during acient eras ; it was originally utilized for half of its lenght as an escape route from the Castel.
A MUST DO for the ferrata lovers, but also for the ones that just started to love this activity and wants a little bit more of adrenaline, still within beginner safety guidelines.
Straight from the rock, the ferrata trek varies from rock climbing, above the river, to a path in the middle of the little forest below the Castle to, again, a “three – rope / free – fall” Tibetan bridge.
Also popular amongs the tourists, this Ferrata is a beautiful and funny actvity to do during the sunny but fresh days of September.
Last but not least, at the end of the Ferrata you can prize yourself with a visit to the beautiful Medieval Castel of Drena, where you can admire the stunning panorama of the valley, also so-called “ La Busa” by the locals.
THE FERRATA IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN.
- Difficulty grade “AD” = Enough Difficult ( according to the EEA, escursionisti esperti con attrezzatura ) . The trek has a minimum exposure, it requires good arm resistance even though it provides lots of still fixtures along the ferrata.
- Ferrata opening months : from March to November .
- DRENA CASTEL TRADING HOURS : MARCH – OCTOBER 10.00 – 18.00 – Closed Monday
- NOVEMBER – DECEMBER – FEBRUARY – 10.00 – 18.00 – Open ONLY Saturday and Sunday
- DRENA CASTEL ENTRY : € 4,00 / € 3,00 ( 12-18 / over 60 / groups of 20+ pp. / Garda Promotions Card)
- Free Entry : Trentino Guest Card, minors of 12 years old, students , disables, working tourist guides, soldiers in uniform, Drena residents, Braila, Luch
For info and reservations : click here!